Monday, May 6, 2013

A Walk to the Park

My boys LOVE to be outside.  They are out there in the cold, wind, rain, and snow.  A couple weeks ago when we were having one of our April snow storms, I caught Jake outside in shorts, sweatshirt, and boots playing in the water!  IT WAS COLD AND WINDY!  So yesterday, like most afternoons, the boys went outside.  I stayed inside with Lucas because it was chilly and drizzling, and I really did not want to give baths before the evening church service since I knew Darrell wouldn't be home until it was almost time to leave.  I was watching the boys play in the backyard, but then I got distracted with Lucas. A few minutes passed when I realized I didn't hear them so I looked out the window and all I saw was Jake's sweatshirt and Ethan's socks and boots.  No biggie, they just went to the front yard to ride around on their scooters.  Nope, no sign of them.  I looked down the street and in the neighbors yard.  No Jake and Ethan.  So I grabbed Lucas and started walking down the street toward the park.  I heard some laughter and I knew this is where I'd find them.  They were swinging on the swings like they owned the place.  When Jake saw me he said "uh oh Ethan, its mommy, we better hide!"  We had a little discussion on the way home that they cannot just go to the park without an adult.  I don't think it sunk in, and I'm pretty sure it will happen more when the splash pad is open in a few weeks! I tried to instil a little fear in Jake by telling him that not everyone is good and some people are bad and might try to take him.  His response was "well if they put us in their car, I'll just say 'hi I'm Jake and this is Ethan'" I am just thankful that we live in small town Iowa and the traffic is pretty much non-existent and it is generally a very safe town.

Before this incident I found Lucas dipping a pacifier in the toilet and then sucking on it.  Now, where he found the pipe, I don't know.  He has never shown any interest in it, even when he was a baby.  Apparently, he just likes toilet water.  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Jake had just gone to the bathroom,(don't worry, just pee) and I'm pretty sure he did not flush the toilet.  SO GROSS!!! 

This all happened in the span of about 45 mins, of course right after Darrell left for the dairy.   This is just a typical day for me.  I just never know what my trouble makers are going to think of next!!  Sometimes I just laugh at my life because if I didn't laugh, I'd cry, and that won't do me any good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment